History as a subject is known as method to study human past and people who tells about history known to be as historians. It is a field of research that uses a narrative to examine and analyze the sequence of events. Below are mentioned some important resources related to history for extensive study of the subject.
- Institute of Historical Research: Founded in 1921 by A. F. Pollard, it is an important meeting place for researchers around the globe. It offers a state of the art open access library, conferences and seminars which are open to the public, the history lab and resources for historical research in both digital format and print.
- British History Online: Developed by the Institute of Historical Research and History of Parliament Trust, British History Online is the digital library containing some of the core printed primary and secondary sources for the medieval and modern history of the British Isles.
- World History: The Center for History and New Media (CHNM) at George Mason University with the financial help from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation to create World History Sources. It focuses towards three areas like current world history scholarship, an emphasis on comparative issues contrary to civilizations alone and concentration on contacts among different societies and the economic, social and cultural consequences.
- Hyper History: It is an exhaustive scientific project showcasing world history of 3,000 years with perspective of synchronoptic lifelines, timelines, and maps. In narrative it has expanded from rather simpler to more complex and complicated nature and behavior.
- History Link: It is a resource site for World History Classes and is divided into six categories like art, biographies, daily life, maps, pictures and research. Presently, it has the cultures/time periods of Prehistory, Africa, China, Egypt, Greece, Aztec, Mayan, Olmec, Native Americans, Mesopotamia, middle Ages and World War II with the aim to cover the entire scope of World History.
- Www-vl history central catalogue: This site is the World Wide Web Virtual Library History Central Catalogue is maintained by Serge Noiret at the European University Institute, Florence, Italy and provides all the best information and data on the topic and issues related to world history.
- World History Matters: It is a world portal to world history websites developed by the Center for History and New Media. It is a resource center designed to help high school and college world history teachers to have better understanding of history with reference to locate, analyze and learn from online primary resources
- History Guide: The History Guide has been prepared for the high school and undergraduate student who is either learning in history, or have desire to do major in history from a college. The basic utility and purpose of this History Guide is to better oneself for better equipping with history classes and to have time in history classes more enjoyable and proficient.